September 18, 2011

(500) Days of Summer


I finally got to (500) Days of Summer. Honestly, this is the first time I saw the movie. Maybe you think I’m slightly outdated since this movie has been released in 2009. But yeah, I know this movie from someone’s blog accidentally lately and searched for the DVD hardly. At last found it in Movie Room – Dago. Tee-hee! :D

Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tom Hansen and Zoey Deschanel as Summer Finn. Tom believed he would be truly happy after he met the one he loved, but Summer didn't share the same belief. The tagline of the movie is "A story of boy meets girl. Boy falls in love, girl doesn't."

(500) Days of Summer is a simple and quirky film. It is sooo true-to-life, no love-fantasy. It is told almost entirely through Tom's perspective.

My first favorite scene is when Tom finally slept with Summer. I love the way he walked out in the morning with a super happy feeling, nodded at strangers, high-fived, and they all danced in the street. Suddenly a sweet blue bird fluttered in. Of course the soundtrack by Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True behind it is the reason why I love this funny scene. That's impressive and perfect! 

Second favorite scene is when Tom came to Summer's party after they broke up. It's funny how Tom's expectation and reality went so different. Haha. And in this scene Tom eventually realized that Summer has been proposed by someone. :'(




Third favorite scene is on the 488th day. Tom and Summer had a conversation after she was married.
S: It just happened.
T: What just happened?
S: I just woke up one day and I knew what I was never sure with you.
T: *sigh*
T: You know what's sucks? realizing that everything you believe in is completely a bullshit.
S: What do you mean?
T: Ah, you know, destiny, soulmate, true love, and all of that childhood fairytale. Non senses. You were right. I should've listened to you.
S: No, I just kept thinking that you were right. Yeah I did. It just wasn't me that you were right about.

When you watch this movie don’t expect it ends happily ever after, but that’s life. Life doesn’t always get like that. I mean, you must have someone that you thought he’s the one but he’s not. He breaks you into pieces and you suffer heartache for long long time. All you need to do is just get over him, time will heal. Though it sounds cliché but it is. I experienced that. By the time goes on, you’ll get over him, you move on, you meet someone who’s a lot better than your ex. And hope he’s the right one for you.

Speaking about the music, this movie has a great taste in music. I love the whole soundtrack. Here are the lists and try to listen to 'em guys.
1. A Story of Boy Meets Girl - Michael Dana and Rob Simonsen
2. Us - Regina Spektor
3. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
4. Bad Kids - Black Lips
5. Please please please let me get what i want - The Smiths
6. There Goes the Fear - Doves
7. You Make My Dreams - Hall and Oates
8. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
9. Quequun Ma Dit - Carla Bruni
10. Mushaboom - Feist
11. Hero - Regina Spektor
12. Bookends - Simon and Garfunkel
13. Vagabond - Wolfmother
14. Got You High - Mumm-Ra Shes
15. Here Comes Your Man - Meaghan Smith
16. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want - She & Him

That's all I can share about (500) Days of Summer. Closing line for this post: Everyone has ‘Summer’ in his/her life. :)

2 comments:

  1. watch this short movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0HNWto0UY

    ReplyDelete
  2. signs is a nice short movie, thanks for recommending. :)

    ReplyDelete