September 01, 2011

The Sacred Journey Part 2: Mecca & Jeddah

This entry will describe my travel in Mecca and Jeddah. Keep rolling down the blog and enjoy. (:

I stayed for 4 days at Ufuk Al-Fath Hotel Mecca for 4 days. It's located approximately 500 meters from Masjidil Haram. I took the first Umrah at 2 in the morning. Still remember the first time I saw Ka'bah. It was an indescribable feeling. I cried at that time, couldn't believe I could see Ka'bah directly. It was such a wonderful blessing I've ever had. Subhanallah.
When I did Tawaf wif granny. The golden glass enclosure behind is known as Maqam Ibrahim. This is the standing place of Prophet lbrahim (peace be on him) when he used to stand here while building the Ka'bah with his son Prophet Isma'il (peace be on him).
After shalat Ashar around Masjidil Haram
Around Masjidil Haram there are many hotels with tens -even hundreds of floors, the most famous ones are Hilton Tower and Zamzam Grand Suites. When I was in Mecca, a giant clock was built on a skyscraper so called Makkah Clock Royal Tower. It's already finished now and replaced the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in London as the world's biggest clock.
The project of Giant Clock is behind me
In Mecca, I went to camel farm located in a desert a short drive away from the downtown of Mecca. You can buy fresh camel milk here.
One day before getting umrah, I toured to a museum placed in Hudaibiyah, outskirt of Mecca. The museum keeps some important things from Masjidil Haram like weaving curtains of Ka'bah, a teak staircase of the Holy Ka'bah and mouth piece of Well of Zam-zam.
After 4-days-travel in Mecca, I tripped to Jeddah to visit Siti Hawa's cemetery. Unfortunately, it was just allowed to see the tomb from bus.
Siti Hawa tomb is behind the wall.
During my time in second largest city in KSA after Riyadh, Jeddah, I went to the Floating Mosque. It is located just next to Red Sea which gives the impression the mosque is floating in the water.
Before catching flight, I went shopping to Al-Hijaz Shopping Center. It's an international modern market and sells many products like sajadah, clothes, foods and souvenirs. There was a surprised and wonderful thing happened here. When I did shopping wif dad and Adzan Dzuhur calling people to do shalat, sellers directly closed their shops and everyone stopped their activities to do Shalat together in the mall. It's hard to find in Indonesia literally.
At 7 o'clock I flew back to Indonesia from King Abdul Aziz International Airport. Such an unforgettable moment and Insya Allah I'll go back to this holy land next time. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice photos may ALLAH accept your umrah and give you many chance to perform umrah if you have plan to book cheap umrah packages there are many companies and agents around the world who are providing these facilities for every Muslim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luxury hotels in major cities of Saudia Arabia (Makkah & Madina), The widest variety of unique accommodation can be found on Haramayn Hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umrah Tours are meant to be the life time journey which should be performed with dignity and devotion. Avail the opportunity of Umrah by Al Hijaz Tours now and get the tour without any hassle and distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is nicely written. A very well written guide to take care of your furnace.
    best travel umrah agency in multan online

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice post and I found some interesting information on this blog, keep it up. Thanks for sharing. . .
    Curtain shops in Jeddah

    ReplyDelete