May 26, 2012

Que Sera Sera - Whatever Will Be, Will Be

In the previous post, I wrote a touching commercial premiered by Ministry of Education Singapore. Now, the post was inspired by another heart touching commercial created by Thai Life Insurance. Watch the video!



"Que sera sera" Lyrics Ads.


When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother, 'What will I be?
'Will I be pretty?
'Will I be rich?'
Here's what she said to me:


'Que sera, sera,
'Whatever will be, will be;
'The future's not ours to see.
'Que sera, sera,
'What will be, will be.'


When I was just a little boy,
I asked my mother, 'What will I be?
'Will I be handsome?
'Will I be rich?'
Here's what she said to me:


'Que sera, sera,
'Whatever will be, will be;
'The future's not ours to see.
'Que sera, sera,
'What will be, will be.


Someone whose nickname known as amphreded left a comment about the video as follows:


"At first the mothers smile, proudly admiring the children's singing. But as the song goes, they reflect upon current hardships and those to come - one can see worry upon their faces. However, the very lyrics "what will be will be" would consolate them, reaffirming the meaning of life, the strength one must carry towards the unseeable future for the ones we love. The closeup on the pregnant belly establishes a question for us - will this child be happy. One could only hope for the best."


Special credits to jitruksing who uploaded the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment