July 25, 2013

July's Thunder Moon #day23


The night of 23rd of July 2013 was illuminated by a massive full moon. This celestial phenomenon occurs when the moon reaches its closest point to earth. According to Farmer's Almanac, Ancient native American tribes named it in a different way which is Full Thunder Moon as thunderstorms are usually quite frequent during this time. This is true. Before the full moon appeared, heavy rain with wind and threatening thunder fell on my city Cimahi and surrounding areas.   

Skygazers around the globe did not miss this thing out, of course. They took so many pictures of this rare astronomical event and uploaded them to social media. The above image was taken by me around 11 pm. Beautiful, isn't it?

Another photo I captured was as follows.


Though I know that it's far from perfect like professional photographers did, I think it still looks fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment